How is it possible that September is almost over?! It’s been a whirlwind month for our family, full of life happening, and all the ups and downs that go along with it. I’m linking up with Emily over at Chatting at the Sky as I share some little things I’ve learned this month. So here goes….
(Apparently plastic boxes make fantastic astronaut helmets)
In September I Learned:
- There IS something worse than being sick and pregnant or having three little kiddos sick at the same time: it’s being sick and pregnant, AND having three sick little kiddos at the same time! Somehow we’ve managed to not have this scenario happen in four years…until the beginning of this month. We made it through, though, and I learned some sanity-saving tips for what to do in this crazy situation. (I think I could write a whole post on this, so stay tuned for more coming soon!)
- Blender pancakes are my new favorite breakfast! So fast, so easy, barely any clean-up, and healthy…how can you beat that?! Here’s the recipe I used that convinced me these are the way to go.
- Since we’re on the topic of food, I came across this recipe for Pumpkin Pie Smoothies that reached “instant favorite” status here with the whole family. (My kids are convinced it tastes like chocolate, but what do they know?) It’s so good I’m going to mix it up and put it in the ice cream maker to make pumpkin pie ice-cream one of these evenings!
- Helpers are an absolute necessity in my life! Since writing about my Village Experiment, I’ve been praying and looking for someone to come over for a few hours a week to care for my lil peeps and/or help with things around the house. Well, I’ve been SO blessed by my neighbor filling that role! She’s a favorite around here already, has been a missionary, preschool teacher, CNA, nanny, etc. It’s like God hand-picked her just for us. (And you may NOT know her name, because you may NOT steal her from me! hehe)
- Finally, I learned that it IS possible to stress out over teaching homeschool preschool to my own little one and have to pause to re-evaluate my expectations and desires. (More on this later as well.) We are still going to homeschool, but my expectations and method need a little tweaking. I am naturally a spontaneous person, but I’m realizing that flying by the seat of my pants in this area at this time is creating more stress than flexibility.
What did YOU learn in September? Leave me a comment below!